Dog licenses are available at the Town Clerk’s office. The State of New Hampshire requires all dogs be registered by April 30th of each year. In order to avoid fines, please remember to register your dogs before the end of April.
• Current veterinary certificate with proof of rabies injection (unless we already have a valid one on file, you can always call us to check)
• Proof of neutering/spaying, if applicable.
• $9.00 – Male or Female
• $6.50 – Spayed or Neutered
• $6.50 – Puppy - (Dog must be under 7-months-old at time of registration)
• $2.00 – Senior Owner Fee - (To qualify seniors must be over the age of 65 and only one discounted license is available to each Senior.)
To license your dog by mail:
Please send the application, appropriate fee due, a current copy of your dog’s rabies certificate, if applicable, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Town Clerk, P.O. Box 67, Francestown, NH 03043.
Beginning June 1st a monthly $1.00 late fee must be included.
By law a $25.00 fine may be assessed for an unlicensed dog.
Please notify us (603) 547-6251 if your dog has died, no longer resides with you or you have an additional dog.